For your reading pleasure and/or a different kind of event, please consider the following:
King of Doubt, a multiple award-winning memoir, by Peter Gibb, Brown ’64, is coming to the SF Bay Area in May. Peter will be doing a "performance reading" (that's part theatre, part dramatic reading, and all fun) in bookstores, senior centers, libraries and churches around the greater Bay Area.
Since it’s public release in February, readers and reviewers have been wildly enthusiastic about King of Doubt (which includes chapters that take place at Brown in the early 60’s.) “Beautifully written, suspenseful and brave …” “An unforgettable journey of self-discovery. With the soul of a poet and the rich language of an artist …” “A poignant journey around the world that ends in a satisfying cascade of redemption.” “Best memoir I ever read.” Read more on Gibb's web site http://petergibb.org or on the King of Doubt page at Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/King-Doubt-Peter-Gibb/dp/1627874453. The book is available on all the usual e-platforms, as well as in paperback.
Peter’s schedule of Bay Area performance readings open to the public:
- Thursday, May 4, 7:00 p.m. Books Inc., 1491 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley. (510) 525-7777, Performance reading and Talk.
- Sunday, May 7, 11:00 a.m. Unity Spiritual Center, 2690 Ocean (at 19th Ave.) San Francisco. (415) 566-4122. Reading and Talk, plus afternoon workshop on "Memoir & Mindfulness" at 12:45 - 3:45 p.m.
- Monday, May 8, 7:00 p.m Book Passage, 51 Tamal Vista Blvd, Corte Madera, (415) 927-0960. Performance reading and Talk.
- Thursday, May 11, 4:00 p.m., Barnes and Noble, Santa Rosa, 700 Fourth St., Santa Rosa, (707) 576-7494. Performance reading and Talk.
- Saturday, May 13, 2:00 p.m. Barnes and Noble, Hillsdale Shopping Center, 11 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo, (650) 341-5560. Performance reading and Talk
- Thursday, May 18. 3:30 p.m. Lake Merritt Senior Living, 1800 Madison St., Oakland, (510) 903-3600. Performance reading and Talk.
- Friday, May 19. 2:00 p.m. Barnes and Noble, Chico. 2031 Martin Luther Drive, Chico. (530) 894-1494. Performance reading and Talk.
- Saturday, May 20. 5:30 p.m. The Avid Reader, 1945 Broadway, Sacramento. (916) 441-4400. Performance reading and Talk.
- Tuesday, May 30. 2:00 p.m. Atria Valley View Senior Living, 1228 Rossmoor Pkwy, Walnut Creek (925) 478-7413. Performance reading and Talk.
"If you join me for one of these events,” says Gibb, "I promise you something different from the typical author reading. Come for a good laugh, maybe even the hint of a tear, and stay for the always lively, stimulating discussion. If you feel so inclined, please pass this invitation on to family and friends, or - better yet - bring them along –but not until you warn them to be prepared for a good time with a twist of surprise!"
Hoping to see you soon. Any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime: Read widely. Live Fully. Let's be friends.